Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tasetefully Tuesday







Remember be telling you some postings ago bout the grunge board roses? Well finally, last night I tried the rose with regular card stock and today I tried a flower I had laying around and made a lily. Both turned out FABULOUS!

The rose I used just the regular SU Summer Sun card stock cut our with a Spellbinder Blossom die. I took an orange Copic marker and colored the edges of the petals before assembling the rose. I had to be much more careful working with the regular card stock. But I'll slow down and take that as the grunge board is 3 12"X12" sheets for $6. My budget says shop cheaper! Another added benefit is that you do not have to keep soaking in down with Glimmer Mist. Thus you save on Glimmer Mist and your can choose from so many additional colors this way to. After I had completed the entire flower; I sprayed in with the gold glimmer mist and does it ever shimmer!!! I'm completely in love with these fantastic and awesome roses.

Then as I told you I had this die cut flower just laying there in the Craft/crafting room and I though oh now doesn't this kinda look like a lily. So the paper total stinks because I cut it out so long ago just to try a friends new die. Guess I'll be buying the die now too!!! LOL It makes such a great Lily, I cannot wait to borrow her die again so I can make some more real to life lilies.

Lok at them shimmer, look at them shine, look at them in all of their glorious beauty; pretty paper flowers of mine
I hope to share with you all the wonderful little Easter Goodies and the Birthday Gifts I have made for my Brother and father. April is such a busy, busy month for my family. We start the 1st with a friends birthday and the the 5th is another friends birthday. Of course mine is on the 6th and my Hubby knows he had best make a big to-do out of it!!! Then my only brother's is on the 8th and finally my father's is on April 28th. I'm telling you it is crazy especially when Easter gets thrown into the mix as well. But it is fun and we get to spend some extra time with family and friends too!

No comments: